Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It is now approaching the end of October; the leaves have changed; it's gorgeous; and I love the fall season! However, the chilling weather is shocking for me. I have now spent two winters in Uganda and I'm finding it harder and harder to adjust to the brisk air. For one of the few periods in the past two years, I am wearing a sweatshirt because it is cold out not because I like them. This is a strange transition. What will I do when it snows?

Well... I will go back to Uganda.

Not because of the snow, but because we will be starting our next project. In January, we will return to Uganda to build St. Kizito Primary School a kitchen; we will take over a construction project to add classrooms to a Secondary School nearby to St. Kizito; and we will begin to plan for our next potential project: the construction of an orphanage and school also in the surrounding area.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the many events we have planned for the next two months and also to sharing the entire holiday season with my family and friends for the first time since 2005.

No comments: